Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Life Support Japan

Wall Space Gallery in Seattle is doing a wonderful job of raising money to help with Japan's recovery. Photographers have donated images which are being sold for $50 in issues of 10 each and all the proceeds are split between two non-profit groups. This is the image I have donated:
 

If you are interested in this piece or maybe one of the other wonderful images, check out this link:
http://www.wall-spacegallery.com/displayShow.php?showID=128&collection=3

I thought I would fill you in on the evolution of this particular image. I took this at the local nursery and originally it was in color. But I prefer B&W. So after some processing on the computer and adding a texture, I made a digital negative (thanks Dan Burkholder!) and printed it on hand coated paper with a Van Dyke solution. Then I had to make it accessible again for the computer so I scanned it and here it is! Talk about coming full circle. By the way, this image was also part of a juried exhibition in Vermont at Photo Place Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment